Hi friends! Hope you’re having a wonderful morning. I caught a Peloton class with Cody and recorded a new podcast interview. I hope you enjoyed the salad recipe! Please let me know if you give it a try. (Ps did anyone see A Star Is Born? I’m hoping to see it this week!)
For today’s post, we have a little bit of a brain dump. Sometimes random can be good… so here we go.
– I’ve been watching way more Queer Eye than reading books and I kinda like it like that right now.
MY OTHER RECIPES
They’re all equally amazing but I think Antoni is my fave and Tan is #2. But I also want Jonathan to be my BFF, Karamo to give me life advice, and Bobby to help decorate my house so there ya go.
– I’m trying to reinvent my style a bit (if I had one before?). Since I don’t have a ton of clothes here, it’s given me the chance to try out some new things and find something more cohesive. I feel like I’ve been a bit all of the place because I like so many things, but I’m trying to find a mom style if that makes sense. ? I’ve been getting tons of inspo from Merrick’s Art and picked up a lot of the pieces from this capsule wardrobe post. I’ll share some pics of the good stuff soon!
– Most of the time, I feel like I’m flying by the seat of my pants. I feel like a lot of bloggers have this facade of having everything *together* and I feel guilty of occasionally doing this, as much as I try to keep it real around here. I don’t have it all together. A lot of nights I stay up until 2 or 3 putting together missing pieces of work stuff, I drive to school drop-off in my pajamas (once I had to get out of the car to help P in the backseat because she got her foot stuck in something and I wasn’t wearing shoes! You know, just hanging out in the parking lot in pajamas and no shoes), and I often feel overwhelmed by my projects and ideas. It took me a lot time to just accept that it’s just the way I am and how I operate. I thrive on procrastination, I do a lot of things not knowing what the response will be like (the struggle of working in social media), and I’m literally winging it.
The podcast and the fit guides have been exciting blog additions. It makes my heart happy to have projects that I’m so passionate about, but very often I’m a swarm of ideas with no clue how to actually execute them.
– I’ve been wanting to post about Thinx on my Friday Faves but it felt weird so I didn’t. (It felt super random no matter where I put it.) But I will say that they’re awesome and they feel like a green alternative since I don’t want to use a Diva cup anymore. (This is the main reason why… it creeps me out now.)
– I really want to catch you up on our personal life (why the heck we up and moved to Tucson). More people have been asking, but there’s not a lot I can say until later this winter. I really appreciate your patience and understanding. I’ll tell you everything as soon as I can, I promise.
Ok, I feel a little better now. What’s something you want to say, friends? I’m here listening. <3
Also, fave member of the fab 5?