Smoking is the practice of tasting or inhaling the vapor given out by substances like tobacco, opium or cannabis when burnt. Combustion of these substances release nicotine that is absorbed into the lungs. Smoking is actually a recreational drug use and a tobacco addict does enough harm to his or her health. Smoking, in other words, is a deadly habit. It increases the risk of lung cancer, oral cancer, bronchitis, asthma, tuberculosis, heart attack, COPD, erectile dysfunction, birth defects etc. Cigarette is the most common smoking tool. Some people also use loose tobacco and rolling paper to make hand rolled cigarettes. The other smoking tools are pipes, bongs, hookahs, cigars, bidis and vaporizers.
Smokers can be of 2 types: active smokers and passive smokers. People who are addicted to smoking are active smokers. Passive smokers are people who do not smoke but breathe in the air or vapor exhaled by the person who is smoking. Both are equally harmed. People are slowly becoming aware of the hazardous effect of smoking on health and are trying desperately to curb smoking. The efforts to quit smoking often become useless because of withdrawal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, tremors, increased pulse rate, irritability etc. Here are some quit smoking home remedies to combat withdrawal symptoms and help people out.
1. Take 1 teaspoon honey twice daily. It helps to get rid of tobacco addiction
2. Take grape seed extracts in ample amount daily. This repairs the lung damage caused by smoking.
3. Mix two tablespoon baking soda in a glass of water and sip the solution with every meal. This will help you quit smoking
4. Chew licorice stick if you feel the urge to smoke.
5. Drink glassful orange juice twice daily. Its acidic nature helps to fight nicotine addiction
6. Extract juice of grated radish, mix with 2 teaspoon honey and take. This is an effective quit smoking home remedy.
7. Drinking of glassful grape juice helps you to give up smoking.
8. Chew on a clove after smoking. This will stop you from lighting up another.
9. Eating a carrot would help you check the cravings for smoking.
10. Drink valerian tea or passion flower tea to get rid of the habit of smoking
11. Slowly chew the chopped dried root of sweet flag. This helps you to manage withdrawal symptoms and makes quitting easier.
12. Take the herb oat straw. It works amazingly as a quit smoking remedy.
13. Use vinegar as a room freshener. Spray it in your room to expel the scent of smoke. This will stop you from wishing to smoke.
14. Suck 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper slowly. This will reduce your urge to smoke.