Cannabidiol is commonly known as CBD. It is a product extracted mainly from the hemp plant, and it has become a popular product in the medical world today. People have yet to learn fully about CBD products because research is still ongoing. However, what is known at the moment has brought about a lot of popular products including CBD oil, tinctures, e-juices and supplements among many others.
There is danger in using CBD products without background information about them. When they are misused, they can have side effects as we are going to see. Luckily, this article is full of insights both for beginners and experienced users of CBD.
Introduction to CBD
Since CBD is a product of the cannabis plant, many people have often confused it with a drug that makes you high. The hemp plant is the source for over 90% of the CBD oil that is used around the world. It is crucial to be clear that CBD products do not make users high unless they are adulterated. Pure products do not have the psychoactive effects of THC and other marijuana products.
CBD products that contain THC can only have up to 0.3% THC. This is acceptable by various health control organizations across the world. For this reason, it is highly recommended that users of CBD products check the labels before they buy these products.
A license is required to cultivate the hemp plant, and many farmers across the world have already acquired it. The biggest producers of hemp in the world are China, India and the USA among many others. All these countries have regulations that control production.
Common CBD Products on the Market Today
Now that this is a hot product with many health benefits, manufacturers are developing different types of products for people to use. Every time you visit the health shops and websites, these are the typical CBD products that you are likely to fiend.
- CBD oils – this is the most common product. The oil is extracted using a couple of methods. The best and most frequently selected one is the use of ethanol to conduct the extraction. Ethanol acts as a solvent, and it will obtain the most from the hemp plant. The other common method is through the use of CO2 to carry out the extraction. However, this is not as popular because it is complicated.
- CBD tinctures – this is CBD in a concentrated form. It is considered to be the most potent form of CBD, and it is taken orally. After just a few drops of the supplement, your dose for the day will be enough. Health experts should administer tinctures to avoid abuse.
- CBD supplements – they mainly come in the form of capsules, tablets or injections. They are the common products you will get from a health center. Therefore, they should be dispensed after a recommendation by a qualified doctor.
- CBD lotions and creams – although they are not very common, they can be found added as an ingredient in various beauty products. If you check the labels of certain beauty products, you will find that some amount of CBD has been added.
- CBD food – animals can also benefit from CBD just like human beings. Therefore, certain pet food includes this as part of boosting its nutritional value. It is advisable to know the recommended amount for your pet and how often it should be given.
Although these are not the only products on the market, they are the most common ways you will get and enjoy CBD. You can actually click here to see what this seller has in store for you.
Benefits of CBD Products
It is now medically confirmed that CBD is a major solution for many illnesses. Scientists are still conducting research to discover the possible uses of the product to cure and prevent even more illnesses. In the meantime, allow us to take you through the health benefits of this product.
Relieves pain and inflammation
One of the biggest challenges of chronic illnesses like cancer and diabetes is pain. People suffering from injuries also experience a lot of pain and inflammation. However, CBD can relieve this to a manageable level. It is wrong to say that the pain will go away completely, but many patients confirm that they have experienced relief. Medical researchers have developed supplements that should be used by people suffering from chronic pain to reduce it.
Can heal acne
As the skin is trying to fight bacteria and other skin-related challenges, acne may be the result. But CBD is a helpful anti-inflammatory agent, and it is thought that it can aid in reducing the effect. This is why it is added to beauty products to clear acne, blackheads and whiteheads.
Fights depression and stress
One of the biggest challenges facing a lot of people today is depression. It is a preventable cause of death. CBD is playing a significant role in helping people to manage their depression. The WHO (World Health Organization) has appreciated and recognized the efforts made by numerous research firms to show that CBD can relieve anxiety, reduce insomnia and relax the mind. This results in fewer cases of depression.
Side Effects of CBD
Medical researchers have confirmed that it is generally safe to use CBD products as recommended by a qualified doctor. But what happens when CBD is used? Fatigue may result, whether CBD is used properly or misused depending on how your body reacts to it. CBD tinctures are the main cause of fatigue and minor migraines because they are highly concentrated. They are also the most commonly abused products with CBD. Other side effects may include diarrhea and changed appetite.
If you are planning to start the use of CBD to enjoy some of the benefits, make sure that a medical doctor is involved. A lot of research should also be done to prevent misinformation. But one important thing to know is that using low-quality CBD products or those that are expired can have an adverse effect on your health.
Share this post if you like it!